Data Protection Policy
Acensys is committed to protecting the individuals’ right to privacy with regard to the processing of data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) and from 25th May 2018, in line with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
It is necessary for Acensys to process personal data in the normal and proper conduct of business operations. Such processing will be conducted fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy sets out our commitment.
Acensys recognises that correct and lawful treatment of Personal Data contributes to the good reputation of our business by demonstrating its integrity and its respect for those it deals with. This Policy details how and when we collect personal data about you, and how we use this information. It also explains how you can contact us to control how we manage your personal data.
If there is a request regarding the management of your personal data then your request will be dealt with fairly and impartially and in compliance with your enhanced rights as detailed in the GDPR.
General Use of Personal Data
Acensys holds data on prospective, current and former candidates; prospective, current and former staff; and businesses interested in our services. The data is held securely in electronic and/or as a paper record.
The processing of this data is subject to the rules laid down under the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal data will only be used for the proper purposes of the employment business.
The protection of your personal data will be governed by the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force 25 May 2018.
When and What Information we collect
We collect the following information from you, or others you authorise to provide such information on your behalf, in order to engage in business activities with you.
Your full name and contact information
Your identification documents and evidence of right to work
Your next of kin full name and contact details
Your employment history/CV/Employment references/Interview feedback
If you are an employee, your HMRC tax information and banking information
We may also collect information about you that is publicly available or you chose to make it available to us from social media sites. This allows us to, where appropriate, contact you via social media services.
We may hold sensitive data regarding your medical information as a result of any data you have provided to us.
How we use your information
Access to your data is restricted to the personnel to whom it is necessary for proper purposes. These are:
- To conduct business and to fulfil our contract with you
- To contact you by post, phone, text, email, social media and only in a compliant way
- To manage our business and utilise third party services, such as accounting, auditing.
- To buy and/or sell assets of the Group
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- To identify and secure future opportunities where you have provided your details to be included in the Acensys talent pool
Acensys will not sell your personal data to third parties. Your personal data will be only transferred to third parties where there is a proper purpose related to business matters as stated above.
The Eight Principles of Data Protection
- Process personal data fairly and lawfully
- Obtain personal data only for one or more specified and lawful purposes and to ensure that such data is not processed in a manner which is incompatible with the purpose or purposes for which it was obtained
- Ensure that personal data is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose or purposes for which it is held
- Ensure that personal data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Ensure that personal data is not kept for any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained
- Process personal data in accordance with the rights of the individuals to whom the information relates
- Ensure that personal data is kept secure
- Ensure that personal data is not transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area unless the country to which the information is to be sent ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights (in relation to the information) of the individuals to whom the personal data relates.
Acensys uses secure and confidential means of destroying data and does not keep Personal Data for longer than it is required. We will however, keep any data that is required for legal and regulatory purposes for the time determined by law.
Your Rights from 25th May as defined in the GDPR.
- You are entitled to have a copy of the information we hold about you. You are also entitled to be told what it is used for. There are some specific exceptions as set out in the Act; for example, we are allowed to refuse requests where releasing the information would prejudice the privacy rights of a third party.
- You can request that inaccurate or incomplete information we hold is updated.
- You can request that we stop or limit the ways in which we use your personal data
- You can request that we delete your data
- You can contact us to request a copy of the information we hold. Requests can be made either in writing or by email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details below.
- We must be sure that we are releasing information to the right person, so you will be asked to supply information to prove your identity.
- We will respond to your request without due delay.
If you ask us to delete or restrict the use of your personal data, this may have an impact on the services we can offer you, we will let you know if this is the case.
Appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of data.
Acensys personnel computers have a log in system and IT systems on which personal information is held is encrypted and password protected, which allow only authorised staff to access personal data. Passwords on all computers are changed frequently. All personal and financial data held in paper form is kept in locked filing cabinets and can only be accessed by the Executive officers. When staff members are using the laptop computers out of the office care is always be taken to ensure that personal data on screen is not visible to others.
Acensys Data Protection Officer:
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
Tel: 0203 890 8608
Post: Data Protection Officer
1 Kingdom Street
London W2 6BD
Changes to this document will be sent to you and made available on our website.